Thursday, June 28, 2007

Burning Man 2007...Vegas Baby Vegas!

So my tickets for Burning Man arrived this week. Awesome.

So this is the plan: My roommates Wing, Jinja and myself will strike south from Calgary on or about the morning of the 24th of August. We will take about three days or so leisurely driving down to Reno and Black Rock City. We'll probably camp, motel it, Jinja wants to take some pictures. We hope to arrive earlyish on the 27th, in order to stay at Burning Man the full week. We'll meet up with some people I met last year, and some of my Japanese friends I went with.

Last time was pretty crazy, but this time we're gonna be staying longer, we're much better prepared, and I at least know a little bit about what I'm getting into. Last year I saw two topless girls fight in the Thunderdomw, participated in some performance art and just generally went a little nuts. This year is gonna be crazier.

Following Burning Man, we plan to stay one day in Reno, then drive to Las Vegas. We're going to go from a week in temporary artist's community, where there is no money, to the world centre of greed. I've never been to Vegas, so I'm not sure what to expect during the four days or so we're there. Then we go home.

I fully expect to take a good three years or so off my life with this trip, but it will be worth it, because I'll have gained at least five year's worth of experience.

See you on the other Side.

Richie

No comments: